Sharron Angle is a candidate for U.S. Senate, Nevada, facing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the mid-term elections this November. The Bold Pursuit sm offers a Patriotic Perspective about Candidate Angle from guest blogger, Jeanette Ward.
From The Washington Post:
“Sharron Angle is the national GOP's candidate in what is arguably the most high-profile Senate race in the country. On the day she announced her candidacy in 2009, Angle clearly and unequivocally agreed with a conservative radio host who claimed that there are "domestic enemies" and homegrown enemies" within the Senate and the Congress.
She has now been given three chances to disavow this claim or to state clearly that she doesn't agree with it. In all three cases, she's refused.
Angle's latest refusal came this morning, in response to aggressive questioning from ABC News' Jonathan Karl:
ABC NEWS: Do we have enemies of the country inside the walls of Congress?
ANGLE: Certainly people who pass these kinds of policies -- Obamacare, cap and trade, stimulus, bailout -- they're certainly not friends to the free market system.
ABC NEWS: So, what are they?
ANGLE: They're not friends.”
Sharron Angle is right. Let’s explore the idea that there might be “domestic enemies” within Congress.
You might be a domestic enemy if:
• You declare "this war is lost" while American troops fighting that war are still in harm's way
• you vote to confirm Supreme Court Justices who do not believe the Constitution establishes the right to keep and bear arms
• you promise transparency to the American people, then continue with as many back door deals as you like, on the largest legislation issues of our time
• you craft and ram through Congress, via threats, blackmail, and bribery, a bill that requires, as a condition of citizenship, the purchase of health care insurance
• You actually believe that race should dictate what party you belong to (e.g., "I don't know how anyone of Hispanic heritage can be a Republican")
• your policies have resulted in the worst unemployment rate since the Great Depression, yet you continue down the same path
• You ally yourself with a president who:
- believes the Constitution is a "flawed" document that "focuses on what government can't do to you..."
- allows his administration to prosecute our Navy Seals but does not even object when the USS Cole and Lockerbie bombers go free: the latter to a hero’s welcome
- is uncomfortable with the word “victory” except in reference to his own campaign (An astute observation by Sarah Palin! And he continues to prove it!).
- brings up one of our own member states (Arizona) before the United Nations as an example of having
committed "human rights violations"
- refuses to secure our borders (in spite of lukewarm reassurances of assistance that never yield
Honestly, I just can’t imagine why Sharron Angle has suggested that there might be domestic enemies in Congress! Go figure …
For more commentary on Sharron Angle, see http://www.moveonreid.com