Sharron Angle is a candidate for U.S. Senate, Nevada, facing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the mid-term elections this November. The Bold Pursuit sm offers a blog about Ms. Angle from guest blogger, Jeanette Ward.
As reported in *The Huffington Post:
“Nevada Senate candidate Sharron Angle proved to be camera shy once again when she declined to take questions from reporters at a media-friendly event organized by her campaign on Wednesday.
“…As she left the press conference a local television reporter called after her: ‘Sharron, will you answer some questions really quickly.’ Angle did not turn around and a member of her staff responded, ‘We're running behind, I'm sorry.’
“’The whole point of an interview is to use it like they say, 'earned media,' to earn something with it,’ Angle recently told CBN's David Brody. ‘And I'm not going to earn anything from people who are there to badger me and use my words to batter me with.’”
Why does Sharron Angle “run from the press”?
Well, let’s see. Maybe it’s because:
1) Most mainstream media members aren’t interested in the truth, or in portraying conservatives fairly.
2) Mainstream media members of organizations like Politico, Time, The Huffington Post, and The Washington Post would rather conspire to conceal the relationship between Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright at a critical time in a presidential election, or conspire to portray any popular conservative as a racist (just pick one!), or wish a slow and painful death on Rush Limbaugh, or shut down Fox News, or compare Tea Partiers to Nazis, or destroy Sarah Palin. (In case you are one of those mainstream media members, and haven’t heard about this story, it can be found here, here, and here).
3) She needs campaign contributions, and she doesn’t have the president flying to Nevada, twice, at a cost of approximately $1 million per trip in taxpayer funds, to do fundraisers for her, while the fawning media tells sunny happy stories about it.
4) The press isn’t really interested in her views. They are interested in trapping her and making her look foolish. See #1.
5) Since, according to liberal media, conservatives can’t read anyway, she’s saving her breath for talk radio.
6) Her supporters and those likely to support her don’t watch mainstream media on TV either.
7) Her views are on her website, and have been presented on numerous radio talk shows. Read, and listen, if you dare.
8) Don’t worry media members! You’ll get your chance before November, if you haven’t lost ALL of your audience by then.
For more commentary on Sharron Angle, see http://www.moveonreid.com.
*author's note: I learned from Sharron last night that the "repeal the Death Tax" press conference I cited in "The Huffington Post" article was not Sharron's; it was Dick Patten's. (Note that HuffPo claimed it was Sharron's). I also learned that the event was held twice, once in Reno and once in Las Vegas. At the Las Vegas event, Sharron did take questions.